How to animate each Element in a Chart in PowerPoint
If you add a chart/graph to PowerPoint and mark an individual element in it and then choose an animation, PowerPoint will animate the complete chart/graph by default. This is not always the intended solution. Thus, I shortly describe here how you can solve this problem and animate each element, category or several elements individually. For a more visual representation check out the video below.
Step-by-Step guide on how to animate individual elements in a graph/chart in PowerPoint
- Add a chart/graph, select the proper symbol on the “Format” tab in the toolbar.
- Select the chart/graph on the slide.
- Select the “Animations” tab in the tool bar and select the animation you want to use.
- Now by default PowerPoint will animate the whole chart/graph, thus all elements will appear at once. To change this behavior click on “Effect Options” (on the right side of the different listed animations) to the option of your prefer:
- “As One Object”(selected by default)
- “By Series”
- “By Category”
- “By Element in Series”
- “By Element in Category”. This option will guarantee that each element will get an animation.
If you found this tutorial useful, please link, share or subscribe to my youtube channel – Presentation Design, PowerPoint and Tools.